Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Justin Bieber Anointed 'Lil Swaggy' By 2 Chainz

'It was creative and I got like 40,000 new followers on twitter messin' with that boy,' 2 Chainz tells MTV News of teaming up with Biebs.
By Rob Markman

<P>There are a ton of perks that come with having rap friends. For starters, you could wind up with a cool nickname. After <a href="http://www.mtv.com/music/artist/bieber_justin/artist.jhtml">Justin Bieber</a> partnered with 2 Chainz, Mac Miller and Asher Roth for his <a href="http://rapfix.mtv.com/2012/05/25/justin-bieber-mac-miller-2-chainz-and-asher-roth-for-boyfriend-remix">"Boyfriend" remix</a>, the Biebs earned himself a new moniker.</P><P>"I call him Lil Swaggy," 2 Chainz told MTV News while backstage at <a href="/news/articles/1686461/hot-97-lil-wayne-nicki-minaj-summer-jam.jhtml">Hot 97's annual Summer Jam concert</a> on Sunday.</P><P></p><div class="player-placeholder right" title="2 Chainz Reveals How Bieber 'Boyfriend' Remix Came About" id="vid:788451" width="415" height="255"></div><p></P><P>In fact, JB was so swagged out that the "Spend It" MC almost missed him when they met. "I saw him and when I saw him, I didn't even know it was him, I didn't even recognize him. He had grown up a lot from me seeing him on TV," Chainz said.</P><P>Right now, 2 Chainz is arguably the hottest rapper out, guesting on an army of rap and R&B tracks: He currently has singles with Kanye West, Young Jeezy and Nicki Minaj in rotation at radio. So when Bieber's team came calling, the Atlanta trap rapper figured it would be a great opportunity to showcase his versatility. "I did it, I was just tryna show people that I don't have to cuss and do things like that, so it was cool," Dos said.</P><P>2 Chainz <a href="/news/articles/1685648/justin-bieber-boyfriend-remix-2-chainz.jhtml">teased the "Boyfriend" remix</a> with MTV News during his Atlanta tour stop with Drake a few weeks back.</P><P>"I'm able to express myself in different ways, so I enjoy doin' different records like that and not just hip-hop records, so it's cool," he said at the time.</P><P>On the remix, Dos drops some flirty bars for the ladies, maintaining his usual wit and Southern charm. "Let's figure it out, I figured it out/ Shawty so thick she put a dent in my couch," he spits. Flexing his creative muscle wasn't the only perk that 2 Chainz enjoyed while working with Bieber, though. There is a certain recognition that comes with collaborations of this magnitude as well. "It was creative and I got like 40,000 new followers on Twitter messin' with that boy, a lot of Beliebers," he bragged.</P><P><i>Should 2 Chainz and Justin Bieber collaborate more often? Tell us in the comments!</i></p>

Related Videos Related Artists

Source:
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1686591/justin-bieber-2-chainz-lil-swaggy.jhtml

Sanaa Lathan Sara Foster Sara Spraker Sarah Gellman Sarah Michelle Gellar

No comments:

Post a Comment