Monday, September 19, 2011

Brad Pitt Regrets Comments About Jennifer Aniston

Brad Pitt Regrets Comments About Jennifer Aniston

After an entire day of being in the news for the juicy comments he made to Parade magazine, Brad Pitt issued a late-night statement clarifying his quotes about his marriage to Jennifer Aniston.

On Thursday, news outlets around the world covered Pitt's upcoming magazine profile, where he discussed how incredibly happy he is with partner Angelina Jolie and their six children. But the Angie love was eclipsed by what he said about the '90s.

"I spent the '90s trying to hide out, trying to duck the full celebrity cacophony. I started to get sick of myself sitting on a couch, holding a joint, hiding out," the 47-year-old actor says. "It started feeling pathetic. It became very clear to me that I was intent on trying to find a movie about an interesting life, but I wasn't living an interesting life myself."

The end of this "uninteresting" decade in his life overlapped with the beginning of his romance with Aniston, whom he was married to from 2000-2005. But Pitt had even more to say about life with his ex-wife: "I think that my marriage had something to do with (my problems)," he admits. "Trying to pretend the marriage was something that it wasn't."

So what does Pitt have to say in response to all the articles calling him out for his hurtful comments? "It grieves me that this was interpreted this way. Jen is an incredibly giving, loving, and hilarious woman who remains my friend," his statement reads. 

"It is an important relationship I value greatly. The point I was trying to make is not that Jen was dull, but that I was becoming dull to myself -- and that, I am responsible for."

Source: http://www.ivillage.com/brad-pitt-regrets-comments-about-jennifer-aniston/1-a-383151

America Ferrera Amerie Amy Cobb Amy Smart Ana Beatriz Barros

No comments:

Post a Comment